Teaching Practice


1.1 Procedures of Teaching

1.1.1 Prepares a Lesson Plan 
           Before starting learning, i prepare a lesson plan first. The lesson plan that i compiled was based on competency standards that existed in the curriculum and standard content that existed in the syllabus. In preparing the lesson plan, i consulted with my cooperative teacher, so that the shortcomings of the lesson plan that i compiled can be improved. 
 (Consult my lesson plan to my cooperative teacher)

1.1.2 Teaching in Class 
          When teaching in class begins with giving students motivation, namely by giving greetings, asking how they are doing, asking class secretaries about class members' attendance, and telling students to prepare themselves before learning begins. 
           Furthermore, i give several questions as review the past lesson, the test is multiple choise. Next, i give an apperception of the material that i will teach. Next, i divide students into several small groups, to work on group activities. Then, i gave the opportunity to each group to explain the results of their respective group work, and then I exchanged the work of one group to another. Then, i presented the material at my PowerPoint to provide material reinforcement to students. Then, i give an evaluation at the end of learning to find out the level of student understanding of the material being studied.
(My teaching practice in class)

1.2 Time Management and Organizing Activities
         Learning duration for each meeting is 60 minutes. Time management is very important to be considered for efficient learning. when teaching in class I used 5 minutes for motivation, 5 minutes for review the past lesson, 5 minutes for apperception, 15 minutes for group discussion, 25 minutes for material reinforcement, and 5 minutes for evaluation. 

(give the student some question as review)

         To make all of learning activities are well directed, when giving a review I give students a qoutes to believe in their own abilities, so they can reduce their desire to cheat. Then, when giving apperception I asked them a simple question from Powerpoint which I presented then gave praise from all the answerers as rewards. Then, during group discussions, I used some learning media that must be done by each group within a certain time span, so that they could focus on doing it. each group contains 5-6 members, this small number aims to make students active in doing group assignments. I monitored each group alternately, so they knew they were being watched. Then, when I explain the material, I give students questions from the sub-material that I am presenting and provide reinforcement of every question that I give, this is because I use the presentation method and group discussion with the student center learning approach. Then, at the end of the study I gave several questions as evaluations, questions I displayed on the projector screen. so students can clearly see the problem that I gave.

1.3 Problem Solving 
       When learning is ongoing, there are often some problems in it, for example students who are noisy and do not focus on learning. when I teach in class, I always point students to answer the questions I give. So students can pay attention to me. then I divide students into small groups, with the aim that each student focus on their group activities. when i giving reinforcement material, I occasionally give questions to students who are beginning to focus on learning, so that other students are also motivated to pay attention to the lesson. In the end of the lesson I gave a clear evaluation on the projector screen so that students could answer the questions well. 

(Monitoring the class activity)

1.4 Classroom Management
       Class management is important to do in the teaching process. In teaching I always use a watch to pay attention to the duration of study time. I use the student center learning approach, where before I explain, I will present it to students first, it is useful to make students focus on the lesson. I also use learning media in the form of powerpoint to explain my material and provide direction from each class activity. I use powerpoint, because students can see clearly every point that I explain.


Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

School: General Information and Academic Administration

Orientation Time for The SEAMEAO SEATEACHER Project Participants

Observation on Teacher(s)